Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Final Reflection!!! YIPEE!!!

Each class I have taken in my TL-DL journey has been rewarding in its own way and this class certainly is no exception. However, I need to say that this class has the potential to impact the program that I offer as a TL in my school the most out of all my previous classes. Even though I have had experience using many of the web 2.0 tools we explored in the class, my knowledge and comfort level has deepend immensely. Several tools I had tinkered with personally and had not really considered the learning implications in the educational environment. This class has really been the light bulb for me. It has made me think of how I can be using various tools with both students and teachers.

 

I think I need to ask myself a few questions about each of the web 2.0 tools as I plan to use them with teachers and students.

            1. How will this tool engage students?

2. Will this make the teachers’ life easier or more difficult?

            3. How can I use this with teachers?

            4. How can I best implement this tool?

 

I’m sure there are many other questions that will cross my mind as I plan for the future, but I think this is a good start. I don’t want to make it too complicated because if I do, then I (and others) won’t buy in and use it to it’s full potential.

 

Well, I have some serious planning to do as I re-look at what I am doing in the school and how I can further push technology integration in my school. It will be interesting to see what is happening in a few months and what new tools are available in the next year as we think ahead to web 3.0 (or whatever they’ll call it)!

 

It’s an exciting time to be a t-l and I am so fortunate to be in the position that I currently am in. Who knows what the future holds, but all we really can do is embrace the moment and use these tools to get our students excited about learning. It’s easier than it sounds! It's been a great journey and I'm certain that this is still only the beginning!

“That’s all folks” (for now)

Elmer Fudd


DB

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Thanks, Darryl. I'm glad to read that the course has given you some food for thought, even with the tools that you were more familiar with. It's exciting to read that the course has such potential to impact your program and practice--great stuff! Have a great holiday with your family and good luck with the move to your new house!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post...